Josh was selected by the National Trial Lawyers as one of the Top 100 Trial Lawyers. He is a member of the Million Dollar Advocates Forum, America’s Top 100 Attorneys, America’s Lawyers of Distinction, and the American Society of Legal Advocates. He has been chosen as a Colorado Super Lawyer for numerous years.
Josh graduated cum laude from New York University School of Law. He is a member of the State Bar of Colorado. He is also admitted to practice in New York State and as a solicitor in England and Wales.
Josh worked at the London office of Freshfields Bruckhaus Deringer, the New York office of Debevoise & Plimpton, the Denver office of Brownstein Hyatt & Farber, and as a law clerk for a federal judge. Josh has also worked on death penalty cases in Alabama with Bryan Stevenson’s team at Equal Justice Initiative.
- London office of Freshfields Bruckhaus Deringer
- New York office of Debevoise & Plimpton
- Denver office of Brownstein Hyatt & Farber
In addition, Josh has lectured for an international policy class through Stanford University. Josh is an avid endurance mountain bike rider and a soccer player. He is a Colorado native and lives in Boulder with his family.
- Colorado Criminal Defense Bar, Boulder Chapter, Co-Chair for ten years
- National Trial Lawyers Association
- Million Dollar Advocates Forum
- Colorado Bar Association
- Law Society of England and Wales
- New York Bar Association
- Denver Bar Association
- Boulder Bar Association
- Colorado Trial Lawyers Association
- New York University School of Law, New York, New York
JJD – 1998
Honors: cum laude
- University of Colorado at Boulder, Boulder, Colorado
BA – 1993
Honors: cum laude
New York, 2000
England and Wales, 2001
- Top 100 Trial Lawyers, National Trial Lawyers
- Colorado Super Lawyers Rising Star, Colorado Super Lawyers
- Colorado Super Lawyers Rising Star, 5280 Magazine
- Member, Million Dollar Advocates Forum
Classes & Seminars
- Lecturer, International Policy, Stanford University
- Equal Justice Initiative
Work with Bryan Stevenson and EJI lawyers on criminal and death penalty defense. Most recently, Mr. Maximon worked with a team on a Miller hearing for a criminal defendant who was seventeen at the time of the crime.
- Boulder Bar Representative
For ten years, Josh was a co-chair of the criminal defense bar for the 20th Judicial District. He has been asked by the chief judge to serve as the private bar representative on numerous working groups and committees, including the Community Justice Management Board.
- Vermillion Sea Institute, Board of Directors